Shift Leader (L3)
|Date posted||Jul 19, 2022|
|Job category||Management||Level of experience||-|
About ELCA Security
ELCA Security is a subsidiary of the ELCA Group. With more than 15 years of expertise, several key solution partners and hundreds of completed cybersecurity projects, ELCA Security's mission is to serve any company or public organisation in terms of anticipation (strategic security consulting), protection (secure architecture and encryption), detection (endpoint monitoring) and defense (incident response).
Senthorus is a SOC entity that will serve the Swiss market with world-class managed security solutions, from Switzerland, with all data remaining in Switzerland, for Swiss and European clients.
This position is based in Geneva and requires working on shift mode
Senthorus is looking for a Shift Leader (L3) to help our global customers manage their IT security. You will play a vital role and be part be part of a fast-paced team that helps customers to reduce the impact of security incidents and ensures that critical business operations continue unhindered.
- Supervise operations in deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating, and analyzing computer network intrusions.
- Supervises complex event investigation and incident declaration
- Lead and Manage a Shift Team (2 people)
- Hunt for suspicious activity based on anomalous activity and indicators of compromise from various intelligence feeds and toolsets
- Participate in the response, investigation, and resolution of security incidents
- Create knowledge base articles for handling medium and high severity incidents
- Assist in the advancement of security policies, procedures, and automation
- Monitor and analyze security events and alerts from multiple sources, including security information and event management (SIEM) software, network and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall logs, and system logs (Windows and Unix), and databases
- Separate true threats from false positives using network and log analysis and escalate possible intrusions and attacks
- Perform computer and network forensic analysis
- Serve as the technical escalation point and mentor for lower-level analysts
- Regularly communicate with customer IT teams to inform them of issues, help them remediate, and ensure that they continue to operate business as usual
- Get the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience by working on a broad range of exciting projects, products, customers and technologies
- A dynamic work and collaborative environment with a highly motivated multi-cultural and international sites team
- Attractive prospects for career path & Personal development through training and coaching
- A flat hierarchy and a culture of collaboration across all disciplines
- Monthly After-Works organized per locations
- Attractive pension fund with 3 types of employees’ contributions & Private ward and worldwide coverage with Zurich insurance
- Loss of salary for sickness and non-professional accident contribution fully supported by the company
- Paternity/Maternity leave: legal duration paid at 100%
- 1/2 SBB fare abonnement
- Mobile and home discount program
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or other IT-related field
- 5+ years of hands-on SOC/TOC/NOC and management experience
- Able and willing to work in a 24/7/365 environment, including nights and weekends, on a rotating shift schedule
- Lead by example mindset and ability to train L1 and L2
- GCIA and GCIH required. GCFA, GCFE, CISSP, Security +, Network +, CEH, RHCA, RHCE, MCSA, MCP, or MCSE preferred
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Experience in network/host vulnerability analysis, intrusion analysis, digital forensics, penetration testing, or related areas
- Knowledge of and experience with intrusion detection/prevention systems and SIEM software
- Strong knowledge and understanding of network protocols and devices.
- Strong experience with Mac OS, Windows, and Unix systems.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations in a productive and professional manner.
- Ability to work directly with customers to understand requirements for and feedback on security services
- Fluent in English and French