(Internship) TrustID MFA for RDP and Windows Logon
|Date posted||Feb 15, 2023|
|Job category||Cybersecurity||Level of experience||-|
About ELCA Security
ELCA Security is a subsidiary of the ELCA Group. With more than 15 years of expertise, several key solution partners and hundreds of completed cybersecurity projects, ELCA Security's mission is to serve any company or public organisation in terms of anticipation (strategic security consulting), protection (secure architecture and encryption), detection (endpoint monitoring) and defense (incident response).
TrustID is an ELCA’s product delivering strong multi-factor authentication (MFA). It is particularly well-suited for external accesses. The privileged authentication factor is an OTP tightly coupled with the TrustID app.
In some specific scenario, we need to have MFA for logging to Windows workstation or RDP access. We would like to provide such feature to our clients.
Under Windows, user log-on is delegated to a module called credential provider (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/secauthn/winlogon-and-credential-providers). We thus want to write such a credential provider that would use TrustID to implement the authentication.
- Understand Windows Logon & Credential Provider mechanisms
- Understand TrustID architecture
- Design a solution to be able to use TrustID authenticator through Windows Credential Provider
- Both online and offline mode must be functional
- Ideally, the designed solution should be able to support other kind of authenticator
- Implement this credential provider for TrustID mobile authenticator
- Document this new feature
Depending on time available, support of other kind of authenticator can be added.
- A dynamic work and collaborative environment with a highly motivated multi-cultural and multiples international sites team
- Personal development through training and coaching
- A flat hierarchy and a culture of collaboration across all disciplines
- The chance to make a difference in peoples’ life by building innovative solutions
- High innovation and research backed up by collaboration with universities like EPFL
- Various internal coding events (Hackathon, Brownbags), see our technical blog
- Monthly After-Works organized per locations
- Good life balance (41 working hours per week and possibility to work 2 days per week from home)
- Win32 and system programming