Internship Building blocks for an eGovernment portal
Internship Building blocks for an eGovernment portal | Bern | ELCA Informatique
|Date posted||Oct 17, 2023|
|Job category||Software Engineering||Level of experience||-|
We are ELCA, one of the largest Swiss IT tribe with over 2,000 experts. We are multicultural with offices in Switzerland, Spain, France, Vietnam and Mauritius. Since 1968, our team of engineers, business analysts, software architects, designers and consultants provide tailor-made and standardized solutions to support the digital transformation of major public administrations and private companies in Switzerland. Our activity spans across multiples fields of leading-edge technologies such as AI, Machine & Deep learning, BI/BD, RPA, Blockchain, IoT and CyberSecurity.
The demand for online services is growing more and more in Switzerland. This is especially true in the field of the administration, where citizens need easily accessible and centralized services. Moreover, the federalism of our country provides a very interesting challenge in this area, because it is important to be able to take into consideration the three levels that are the Confederation, the cantons and the communes.
Activities: you will create and develop a platform, based on Java technologies, that meets the current needs in terms of eGovernment portal. The different elements like user interface, workflow processing, data storage, security as well as communication with third-party systems must be addressed. Flexibility and usability are two important characteristics of this platform. The developed solution will be used as a basis for the future eGovernment platform @ELCA.
What you will learn: requirement engineering, software architecture and design in Java, development in Java and integration of third-party libraries, working in an industry context, working in a team.
The objectives of this project are:
- Refine the rough requirements for such an eGovernement platform
- Choose the best suited building blocks for this platform, based on the refined requirements (these building blocks can be for example open-source libraries)
- Define the architecture of the platform, based on the chosen building blocks
- Implement a proof-of-concept, based on the architecture and using the chosen building blocks.
- A dynamic work and collaborative environment with a highly motivated multi-cultural and international sites team
- Personal development through training and coaching
- A culture of collaboration across all disciplines
- The chance to make a difference in peoples’ life by building innovative solutions
- High innovation and research backed up by collaboration with universities like EPFL
- Various internal coding events (Hackathon, Brownbags), see our technical blog
- Monthly After-Works organized per locations
- Good work-life balance (2 days per week from home)
- Holding a technical bachelors degree and/or doing your masters
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Affinity for software architecture and design
- Development in Java
- Ability to speak and write well in English
- Independent, communicative